Description of the role
|Responsible to||All people resident within the Parish|
|Regular liaison with||Other councillors, local authorities, residents|
|Period of service||Four year term of office, can be re-elected|
|Salary||This is a voluntary position, expenses can be paid|
Main purpose: Representing the views of all residents within your parish.
- As part of a local council you will have responsibility for running local services which may include: open spaces, play areas, village halls, community car schemes and potentially much more.
- Deciding on how much to raise through the council tax in order to deliver your council’s services.
- Influencing and shaping the long term development policy for the parish, and as part of the planning process, comment on planning applications in the parish.
- Improve the quality of life and the environment in their local area.
- Working to identify issues which are important to the lives of the residents you represent.
- Working to bring about improvements through local projects, lobbying other service providers and working in partnership with other parishes and agencies.